HR Business Partner x 4
£45,585 – £48,492
Redbridge (Greater London)
0207 747 4948
One Brilliant Team - For a changing Redbridge
Redbridge is changing. We are among the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, affordable housing, high quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change is phenomenal.
We have started to address our challenges by adopting a model for the council based on high ambition and high trust. Ambition, because we are the custodians of this precious part of East London: we care about its future and we want to get it right for our residents. Trust, because we believe in the ability of our staff and our communities to find ways to overcome new challenges and seize this once in a generation opportunity. At the heart of our approach is distributive leadership - a belief that we will get the best out of the resources at our disposal by pushing responsibility closer to the front line.
HR Business Partner
£45,585 – £48,492
The HR Employee Experience Service plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Council has a motivated workforce and to be an employer of choice.
As a HR Business Partner, you will work closely with senior managers, management teams and other key stakeholders to build organisational capacity. You will keep abreast of key developments to provide innovative and effective streamlined processes to meet the Council’s future workforce objectives.
You will manage employee relations cases, change management initiatives, organisational / departmental restructures / job role design / outsourcing / TUPE transfers / redundancy, advising on options and risks. In particular assisting with the drafting of documentation to minimise the risk of legal challenge.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of HR officers, taking responsibility for the direction, planning and coordination of their work.
- Inspiring and engaging staff to align delivery to the Borough Plan and supporting HR Strategies
- Coaching and supporting managers on staffing issues in the areas of performance management, absence management, conduct and capability, manage employee relations cases from end to end to achieve effective outcomes for individuals and the council directorates
- Assisting all HR & OD staff in research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the Council’s HR strategy. Support the work of Senior HR
- Business Partners and HR Leadership Team to embed the HR strategy and Council Workforce Plan.
- Deliver innovative and customer focused HR solutions to the organisation to enable them to deliver their operational plans.
- Supporting and contributing to complex change projects, including TUPE and restructures.
- Full CIPD membership
- Experience of leading and managing a team in a customer focused HR Business Partnering service.
- Experience of working collaboratively with senior managers to identify effective and sustainable solutions on casework including discipline capability, grievance and absence management.
- Understanding of the financial positions of each directorate and the wider organisation working with stakeholders and finance business partners.
- Working in a trade union environment and evidence of fostering positive working relationships. Excellent working knowledge of employment law.
- Providing creative and innovative people management solutions to the business.
- Experience of providing guidance to senior managers in areas involving complex issues or legal proceedings including TUPE and attendance at employment tribunals.