Recruitment Talent Manager
One Brilliant Team - For a changing RedbridgeRedbridge is changing. We are among the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, affordable housing, high quality open spaces and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City. Our population is getting both younger and older - driving increased demand in both adults and children's services. A growing population has placed huge pressure on a housing stock built for a different era. The pace of change is phenomenal
We have started to address our challenges by adopting a model for the council based on high ambition and high trust. Ambition, because we are the custodians of this precious part of East London: we care about its future and we want to get it right for our residents. Trust, because we believe in the ability of our staff and our communities to find ways to overcome new challenges and seize this once in a generation opportunity. At the heart of our approach is distributive leadership - a belief that we will get the best out of the resources at our disposal by pushing responsibility closer to the front line.
Population and Geography
- Redbridge is estimated to have a population of 301,785. This is expected to rise by 60,000 in the next 10 years with Crossrail bringing residents to Ilford and surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Redbridge has the third most diverse community in London with 60.7% of the population from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups and over 90 languages spoken.
- There is significant divergence between green, affluent areas and areas of urban deprivation where residents are struggling to manage the rising cost of living. Redbridge has 11 areas that are in the 20% most deprived in the country and 11 areas in the 20% least deprived.
Redbridge’s Strategic Delivery PlanRedbridge’s Strategic Delivery Plan sets out how it will contribute to the Joint Partnership Plan.
This sets out Redbridge Council's key priorities for the next 10 years, which are to:
- Regenerate the borough to benefit our residents and integrate new communities
- Keep the borough clean and safe
- Be a great place to live as a family
- Tackle the root causes of social challenges
- Build a brilliant Council
Redbridge has achieved successes in a wide number of areas during the year, the highlights include:
- Named as the sixth most productive council in the country;
- Protected weekly bin collections, free bulky waste and green garden waste collections at a time when many London boroughs are reducing services in these areas;
- Redbridge was shortlisted for Local Authority of the Year in the prestigious Municipal Journal awards in April 2019;
- Taken top spot as the most productive council for adult social care;
- Achieved ‘Outstanding’ status by Ofsted for Children’s Services;
- Kick started the largest programme of regeneration and housebuilding the borough has ever seen; and
- Opened the new Mayfield Leisure Centre in November 2018.
Better Streets, Better Housing, Better Lives
Recruitment Talent ManagerThe HR Employee Experience Service plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Council has a motivated workforce and to be an employer of choice.
You will lead on developing a strategic recruitment service, placing great emphasis on the employee experience to enhance the on-boarding of new talent for the Directorates across the Council. In this role you will be driven to achieve the best whilst being hardworking, respectful and professional to colleagues and customers. You will also place a large emphasis on providing opportunities to people in our local communities to help contribute to our commitment to improve access routes to employment and to focus on attracting and recruiting the right people to serve our residents.
This is a key role responsible for delivering the priorities in the Borough Plan and HR Strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- Provision of strategic guidance and direction to a team of 4 staff and to the business to ensure first class service.
Working closely with senior managers, management teams and other key stakeholders to build organisational capacity to attract new staff and ensure that they are effectively on-boarded into the organisation.
- Keep abreast of key developments to develop innovative and effective streamlined recruitment processes to meet the Council’s future workforce requirements and reflect the communities we serve.
- Ensuring that the Recruitment Strategy Team works collaboratively with the Business Partnering and Organisational Development and Strategy Team so that work is joined up, value for money and customer focused.
- Develop sustained structures, systems, policies and processes to enable the effective delivery of HR services.
- Inspire, and engage staff to align delivery to the Borough and Strategic Plan and supporting HR Strategies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Substantial experience of delivering cultural change in large multi-cultural organisations.
- Substantial experience of working in a trade union environment and evidence of fostering positive working relationships.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law.
- Substantial experience of providing creative and innovative people management solutions to the business.
- Substantial experience of management and working as a senior business partnering in large multicultural organisations.