Head of IT
Morgan Law are proud to be working with the Aga Khan to recruit a Head of IT for three related institutions which are co-located at the Aga Khan Centre in London. The three organisations are The Institute of Ismaili Studies (IIS), the Aga Khan University Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilisations (AKU-ISMC) and the Aga Khan Foundation UK (AKF UK). These Institutions have been operating in the UK for many years and are part of a mission and mandate to increase knowledge and understanding of Muslim civilisations and help improve the quality of life for people around the world.
In the heart of London’s Knowledge Quarter, the Aga Khan Centre is a newly built signature architect designed building; it is a place for education and research, cultural exchange and insight into Muslim civilisations.
They are now looking for an exceptional strategic and hands on IT leader who will work closely with key stakeholders from the three institutions to develop and implement an efficient and effective IT shared services model, and an IT strategy and systems infrastructure that support the delivery of all three organisations’ objectives. The post holder will be responsible for strategy, governance, data and cyber security and disaster recovery, alongside core network operations and business continuity.
- Proven experience of establishing and managing a stable and well-functioning IT environment and high quality service delivery within a range of organisations, preferably in the Education or Not for Profit sectors.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing organisational IT strategies.
- Working in a matrix or shared services environment with demonstrable ability to meet challenging and sometimes conflicting demands from stakeholders.
- Budget management and reporting.
- Leading IT infrastructure planning and development and other business integration and improvement projects.
- Staff development, performance management and employee engagement.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Identifying opportunities to drive operational efficiencies.
- Experience with a range of e-learning technologies and Learning Management Systems (preferably Moodle).
- Change management experience - in introducing new technologies in organisations and putting in place the relevant training and support to ensure new systems and software are fully embedded and utilized.
- Hands on experience of working with video conferencing and AV systems including Polycom, Zoom and Skype.
- Good knowledge of Cloud (Office 365), Web and virtualisation technologies
- Ideally skilled in the following: MAC OSx, Cisco ASA, SonicWall Firewall, SCCM, VMware, Office 365, Moodle and SharePoint.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure, data centre and network technologies.
- Good knowledge of IT security, governance and compliance.