Director of Finance
English National Ballet exists to take world-class ballet to as many people as possible; delighting them with the traditional and inspiring them with the new. The Company currently has 72 dancers and its own orchestra (ENB Philharmonic), which is supported by 150 staff across central departments.
ENB’s artistic output, reputation and ambition is growing rapidly and at a crucial stage in its history; celebrating its 70th birthday in 2020.
We have recently moved to a new purpose-built home on London City Island, Canning Town (the cultural anchor of a new community). Our new building combines a unique production studio, modern training facilities, teaching and rehearsal studios, and spaces for the public to view our work, eat and drink in a state-of-the-art environment.
As Director of Finance, you will report to the Chief Executive as a key member of our senior management team. The purpose of the role is to ensure a culture of incisive business intelligence, deliver timely and user-friendly management information, increase financial awareness across the Company, and ensure a comprehensive control environment.
• Be a key contributor to the Company’s business strategy and plans with a focus on delivering quality outputs from the finance function,
• Identify opportunities for revenue generation and cost control across the Company, working with the executive team to promote a culture of high performing entrepreneurialism,
• Build a sustainable 3-year rolling financial model, with budgeting, forecasting and reporting that is efficient, timely, with clear processes to maximise budget control.
• Providing our trustees with strategic financial advice and assurance on all financial and corporate governance matters
• Playing a full role in the development of the wider English National Ballet strategy and success as a collegiate member of our senior management team
We are looking for a qualified accountant with broad financial management experience within a multi layered operation (commercial or charitable), ideally with previous experience at Director level. You will need excellent management skills, be an advocate of business partnering, and should enjoy engaging widely across our organisation. You should have a strong sense of customer service, focusing your teams on ensuring that our staff, many stakeholders and committed volunteers have the best experience of working with our corporate centre.
Finally, it is essential that you share a passion for our work, recognising and contributing to the impact we make in enriching the lives of the many who access the educational and development opportunities we provide.
For a recruitment pack with further information, please contact Rohen Cardle at Morgan Law by emailing Rohencardle@morgan-law.com or telephoning 0207 747 6823. The Closing Date for applications will be midnight Sunday 10th of Nov