Morgan Law is currently working with a Local Authority in the Northern Home Counties to recruit a Category Manager. Public Sector background is essential as is the ability to manage end to end procurements, both OJEU and non OJEU.
Key duties expected of the Category Manager includes:
- To manage the end-to-end procurement process for projects of medium value, up to and including OJEU procurements of medium complexity.
- Lead and influence strategic and commercial decisions and obtain approval from stakeholders.
- Constructively engage with stakeholders when new procurements are planned to be undertaken demonstrating how our involvement is adding value and improving service delivery
- Liaise with suppliers on key aspects of the procurement process such as clarification matters, market testing and contract preparation, treating them as ‘customers’ of the council’s processes
- To ensure that the council’s procurement processes meet key legislative and policy requirements such as OJEU compliance, Transparency and the Social Value Act
Key experience includes:
- MCIPS qualified (or willing to work towards this with clear evidence of aptitude)
- Expert knowledge of the procurement process, ideally in a public sector environment
- Experience of managing end-to-end procurement processes in a public sector setting