Senior Systems Engineer
Morgan Law are proud to be working with The Scout Association to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer at a time of exciting digital transformation.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you'll have responsibility for the day to day administration of the IT Infrastructure, implementing transitional projects, setting up, developing and maintaining business applications and core IT services within the organisation and between organisations.
You will support a variety of users, who can be staff, HQ appointed scouting volunteers, and indirectly the wider Scout membership. You will be involved in designing new IT business solutions with the various departments within TSA – in some cases be the technical lead within projects
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of critical IT applications and services, incorporating best practices in business continuity and disaster recovery capability
- Develop new systems and applications, implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of servers and end user computers by monitoring system performance, optimising configuration, and organising maintenance and repair. Ensure that system downtime and equipment inventory are properly managed with appropriate change control processes.
- Identify opportunities for, and implement, automation of current manual processes such as staff on-boarding
Technical Skills & Experience required
- Solid experience in system administrator roles
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical institution certificate
- An up-to-date knowledge and understanding of industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who aren't technically trained.
- Excellent knowledge of the technology vendors and their offerings
Technical Knowledge to include the following;
- Windows Server 2008-2016
- Office 365 and SharePoint
- Exchange Online/2016
- Azure and/or AWS
- SCCM or similar tools
- SQL 2003 – 2016
- Manage Engine ITSM
- Active Directory and DNS