Director of Technology
An NHS Trust in the Home Counties is seeking a Director of Technology for a 2 year fixed term contract.
The Director for Technology will lead all elements of technology services and development for the NHS Trust and other partners as required. The post-holder will develop and implement the ICT strategy, taking the lead for the technology pillar and providing professional advice and technical support to other two pillars - digital and information. This will include ensuring the development of up to date policies/work plans which reflect the needs of a modern technology provision shaped around user and business needs.
He/she will also lead the provision of robust ICT services, ensuring the solutions are proposed and implemented are in line with national and local ICT policies and support new models of working introduced by the Trust.
- Provide professional leadership on all technology matters, with responsibility for the provision of expert technology development and delivery of the technology pillar of the ICT Strategy for the Trust.
- Ensure existing systems and future developments have the appropriate capacity and capability to meet the changing demands of the service and the NHS Digital requirements and develop a strategic framework to ensure any developments are strategically aligned with technology advances.
- Develop and implement strategies to support inter-operability, including complex and challenging negotiation and influencing skills which may be required to ensure that the Trust's position is fully understood and represented and that future developments take account of service needs.
- Analyse, interpret and resolve highly complex IT and/or telecommunications issues which may be unique to the Trust's way of working and which may need to be communicated to diverse audiences.
- Lead responsibility for the research and development of new methods of ICT operation and new technologies within and outside the Trust including working on local and national groups.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior position within the public or private sector leading large technology teams
- Minimum 2 years' experience in service planning in a large and complex organisation
- Experience of providing strategic and technical IM&T advice to the NHS or comparable organisations
- Track record of delivery
- Track record of delivering large scale change and knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and evidence
- Experience in creating integrated digital platforms of online and offline solutions and asset management
- Large-scale IM&T systems procurement experience
- Ability to present complex information about ICT to senior and large groups of non-technical staff in understandable forms