Senior Technical Project Manager
Post: Senior Technical Project Manager
Hours: 36 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Business Solutions
Location: Millbank, London
Salary: up to £55,000
Morgan Law are proud to be partnering with Tate to recruit this key role for their new Business Solutions Team. Tate’s Technology Department deliver operational, systems development and information management services to over 1,200 users internally across five sites, as well as supporting their website and platforms which are viewed and accessed across the world. They are looking for an experienced project manager to lead the continuous development of our multi-channel customer engagement platform
Tate have recently completed the first phase of their multichannel customer engagement platform. Comprising of ticketing, e-commerce and membership functionality this core platform is at the heart of the Tate’s online and gallery income generation. With revenues of £30m and 250,000 members the next phase of the programme will see several development streams start up to deliver further projects to business stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager or Scrum Master to ensure there is planned and managed project delivery of technology-based initiatives arising from the Information Systems Strategy Group as well as agile continuous improvement in business platforms areas. They will be responsible for managing key stakeholder relationships in Digital, Membership and Marketing departments whilst being an ambassador for the wider platform and the Technology department.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Work with the Business Solutions Manager and other Technical Project Managers in the team to prioritise and schedule projects effectively to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Manage a portfolio of initiatives across one or more areas of the organisation.
- Lead the project team/s on a day-to-day basis to analyse, design and deliver business project solutions and outcomes including service transition. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Manage the budget, issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
- Responsible for the communication and feedback on progress and budget assurance of projects through governance groups and boards.
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Utilise project delivery methodologies to organise and facilitate development such as sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, and retrospectives, tracking and communicating team progress and maintaining rolling release plans.
- Contract managing third party engagements and monitor service level agreements.
- Manage the transition of service to business as usual, including process documentation.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of the importance of accessibility of digital products and the adherence of current standards such as WCAG2.1
- Significant experience in project management and delivery including waterfall and agile methodologies in an Information Systems environment, leading cross functional teams.
- Experience of managing supplier relationships and fostering a culture of delivery.
- Experience of change management, process change and embedding benefits.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the digital technology, for example Enterprise and Desktop Applications, server-side knowledge including cloud etc.
- All round general knowledge covering an IT department spectrum.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management experience
You can find further information about Tate and how to apply here www.morgan-law.com/tate or please email email@example.com
Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all